Sunday, July 21, 2013

Classroom design...yes, there's an App for that!!

I know that you've been thinking about your classroom set-up. I have. I've been thinking about this year's set-up since last year! It's a little crazy, I know, but it's so important. I need to make sure that everything is exactly where I want it. I was drawing on paper, but that didn't work out for me. I also tried the post-it notes method where you get a large board and use post-its as your "pieces" to move around. Well that didn't work for me either. 

In comes Educreations. Educreations is an app that turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard! Oh.my.word. I love this app. I used it last year to design my classroom and it was fabulous, amazing, marvelous!!! I love it so much.  
 
I took a video of my classroom and uploaded it to the app. Then the fun began. So I took some snapshots of the video because I did this for myself last summer and it does not sound pretty as I think out loud. I just want you to get an idea.  Also, excuse the mess. I had just moved schools and, well, you can imagine.

As your draw on your video, it records what you say. So you can think out loud as you draw or say notes you might want to remember when you play back your video. In the slide below, I drew where I wanted things placed, exactly where the posters I was going to hang up are from, etc.


In the slide below, I talked about this being my word wall and how I needed to divide it in order for it to be even. :) I talked about the colors of the border, the color of the background,  and about how I was going to move the computers to make the wall accessible.



In this slide, I talk about my manners posters, the student of the week section, etc.


I love this app and I truly think it makes classroom set-up so much easier. If you don't have a video of your classroom, you can just use pictures. You can even share when you are finished!!

Of course, you don't have to just use it for classroom design. You can do tutorials of anything! You can explain a math problem, explain homework to post on your website...anything! The possibilities are endless. Here is the BEST part...it's FREE!!! Yes my sweet friends, FREE. Go get it and use it and tell me what you think! ♥

16 comments:

  1. It looks great! Makes me wish I had an Ipad!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should really consider making the app for other platforms! :(

      Delete
  2. I've had this app on my iPad for a while now but wasn't quite sure how I was going to use it. Thanks for the wonderful idea! Now no need to worry about where I put the paper that I drew my setup plans on! :-)

    ~Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I know what you mean, I always misplace my scribble notes and then forget what I had told myself! :)

      Delete
  3. I will have to check this out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana! Check it out, I really think you will love it! I'm working on my video for my classroom now, and I am thinking I will post it when I am done. :)

      Delete
  4. Just downloaded it! I can't wait to go to school this week and try it out!

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think, Ashley! I feel like it changed my life when it comes to classroom set-up :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds awesome! :) Do you know if the app is available only for the iPad? I checked both my iPhone and my MacBook app stores, and was not able to find it.

    Thanks!
    Leslie
    leslie.eggebrecht@arbor.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! I checked for the iPhone as well and couldn't find it, so I looked at the App an under requirements it says iPad :(

      Delete
    2. Bummer! :( Thank you for checking! I'm sure I can find something that will work to help me set up my classroom! :)

      Delete
  6. This is a very cool idea! I have used this in the past for lessons but not for anything like this!

    I follow you on instagram and thought I should come and check out your blog to follow too!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea! I've been insta-followin you and I love your blog name. It's so cute!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    I'm a new follower and I've nominated you for a Liebster Awards! Thanks for sharing your hard work!

    Constance
    Life with Ms. Learn

    ReplyDelete