Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hello, bloggy world! I have to tell you that it has been so much fun getting the hang of being a "blogger," which seriously I can't even consider myself one. I barely know what I'm doing and only have three posts! Either way, I am loving it and have already had the pleasure of "meeting" such fabulous teachers. I can't wait to continue on this wonderful journey.

So....drumroll please...I was nominated for the Liebster Award by three marvelous bloggers: Jen from Sparkling in Second, Jen and Cheryl from 2nd to None, and Stacey from A Ray of Kindergarten Sunshine!!! I was all like, what?!? An award? No way! But yes friends, its true. Let me tell you, I was floored. What an honor!

 Ok, so I learned that the Liebster award is an award given to blogs with less than 200 followers. If you are nominated, you get to answer questions about yourself so that everyone gets to know you a little better. I also get to nominate other bloggers. So exciting, right?!? Well, to accept the nomination, I must:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated you

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers

3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator

4. Share 11 random facts about yourself

5. Create 11 questions for your nominees

6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them

If there are repeated questions, I am just going to answer it once and delete the duplicate, I know your time is valuable :) 

And awaaayyyyy we go...
 

Jen from Sparkling in Second Grade asked:

1. Why did you start blogging? I have been considering it for a long time. I love creating, I love sharing, I love meeting teachers who are as passionate and crazy about education as I am. I think the blogging community is amazing and I want to share the little bit that I can with it :)


2. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas...everything about it from the weather, the smells that linger in the house from all the baking, the colors, the energy everywhere you go...


3. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing?I can't imagine being anything else, I really couldn't, but If I had to, I would design and make digital educational products... maybe working with a publishing company like Scholastic!


4. What's your most embarrassing teacher moment? Oh goodness, that would have to be when I had some bean dip from a teacher’s luncheon and when I got back in the classroom with my kiddos, I had a piece of bean on my tooth. Yeah, giggles galore!

5. What's your favorite mode of transportation? I would have to say the monorail at Disney is pretty cool. I wish it were a daily form of transportation! Unfortunately, in Florida we don't even have a subway. I would have to say that car is my preference...or those really fun cart rides where there's a guy on a bicycle and you're sitting in the back. What are those called anyway?


6. What's your favorite thing about your classroom? I adore my decor. It's bright and inviting and just so fun!


7. What is something on your "bucket list"? I don't have a bucket list...is that sad?


8. What are you most excited about for the 2013 school year? I am excited to implement all the wonderful things I am reading about and learning in writing. So excited!


9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go to the Galapagos Islands...it has such a fragile ecosystem that I would love to see it before its destroyed.


10. Do you cook? If so, what is your favorite recipe? I do cook, although not as often as I should...when I do cook I love to make tacos! Easy peasy lemon squeezy tacos. Just some ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and a dash of cilantro!


11. What is your favorite place to shop? I love shopping. I guess overall Target has everything I need!


Jen and Cheryl from 2nd to None asked:  

1. What is your favorite grade to teach? 2nd, 2nd, 2nd! My first and only love.

2. What is your favorite food? I love mexican or cuban food. Delish!

3. How do you spend your free time? Hanging out with my family, reading, or creating things for school

4. What do you like least about your classroom? The size. I wish I had more space. We are so cramped!


5. What are you currently reading? I am reading "No More I'm Done" by Jennifer Jacobson. Its so good!


6. What is your favorite pet? Doggies :)


7. What is your favorite TV show? Dexter, Good Luck Charlie, Breaking Bad, Friends...


8. What is your must have beauty product? Baby Lips and mascara


Stacey from A Ray of Kindergarten Sunshine asked:


1. How long have you been teaching? This is my 3rd year and I learn something new everyday.

2. Did you always want to be a teacher? If not, what did you want to do? Always, since I was in Pre-K!


3. What is your favorite thing about teaching? The children and their families. <3


4. How long have you been blogging for? I just started...like a week?!


5. Do you have a favorite techie tool or any techie advice? If yes, what is it? Just make sure you save...save all the time!!

6. What is your favorite dessert? (I love dessert!) I love cupcakes and cheesecake, yummy-o!

7. What is your favorite movie of all time? The Wedding Singer (not animated) and Beauty and the Beast (animated). I have seen them over 50 times each, no joke.


8. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Dog :)

9. What was your favorite toy or doll from childhood? Do you guys remember Jem and the Holograms? Well I used to have her keyboard, which opened up and turned into like a play stage...although it's definitely a tie between that and My Little Pony!


1. I dislike pickles. No, I hate pickles..the smell, texture, juice..eek! It cannot touch my sandwich!

2. Although I hate pickles, I LOVE cucumbers! So refreshing!

3. My boyfriend and I were high school sweethearts!

4. We have 4 dogs and they are our babies!

5. I have three sisters, no brothers

6. I love thrift stores! Love vintage finds.

7. I love alternative rock of the 90's: Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, RHCP, Stone Temple Pilots, Offpsring... the list goes on and on

8. but I also LOVE 70's, 80's, classical, Elvis, jazz...love music!

9. Go Gators!

10. I hate making my lunch every day. Growing up stinks.

11. I love shopping. Love it!

Wowie, Wow, Wow. I feel so egotistical writing all this stuff about myself, lol! It was really fun to reflect though! Love this! 


Alright say the following in the voice of the MTV Movie Awards announcer: Here are my nominess for the Liebster award (please follow these fabulous bloggers if you don’t already!):

1. Aly @ Just a Primary Girl
2. Bridget @ Hardcore Teacher Resources
3. Sarah @ The Eager Teacher
4. Charlotte @ Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun


Alrighty girls, here are my 11 questions for my nominees:


1.    Crunchy or Smooth peanut butter?
2. If and when you create things for your classroom, what program do you use?
3. What is your favorite color combination?
4. What is your most favorite subject to teach?
5. What is your favorite restaurant?
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
7. How long have you been teaching?
8. Did you have another career before becoming a teacher or have you always been a teacher?
9. Who is your favorite adult author? Children's book author?
10. Do you like scary movies?
11. What school supply can you just not live without?

I hope you learned a little more about me…found that we have something in common, and connected with a new friend. Talk to you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. OK there were parts in there that I totally laughed out loud! You are fun! I had a Jem doll with the flashing earrings! What a flashback that was! And then no on pickles but yes on cucumbers....that made me burst out loud! lol The best part of this award is getting to know people. Thanks for sharing! And I LOVED the brag tag idea!

    ReplyDelete