Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It- II :)

I am trying to make today a productive day. I am starting to feel that rising anxiety of school starting too soon. Next week I will be at a Common Core PD for two days...so yeah, anxiety rising. I'm going to make it to the teacher production lab and get somethings laminated. Yes. That's what I will do. I am writing it down here because then it means I am going to do it, right? 

Alright, enough of that. I made another Monday Made It! Yay me!!! I actually made two, so yeah, how about that for over-achieving? First up is my Writing chart. I have been reading "No More I'm Done" by Jennifer Jacobson and I am totally inspired to implement what I have read. One of the struggles I have during writer's workshop is keeping up with where every kiddo is at any given time of the writing process. I have seen variations of this on Pinterest and other blogs, and adapted my own version....TADA!!!! Here it is:
I am working on the clothespins that are going to go on the chart with the kiddos' names. There is also going to be an adorable little bow on the top left, but I left the rest of my ribbon at school, so I will have to add the finishing touch when I get back. I absolutely love it and I am so excited to implement it when school starts. 

On to the second Made It. Earlier this summer I bought several unfinished, wooden frames from Michael's. I absolutely loved the scalloped edges and thought it would look adorable with subway art to inspire the littles. Well, I painted them some fun colors and printed subway art from Hope King and here they are! I have a couple more to do in purple and green, but you get the idea :)

I am so excited about these and I think they are going to look great in the classroom. I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my Monday Made It. See ya later, alligator! :)

6 comments:

  1. ok, one picture?! COME ON! You are killing me. I want to see your first project closer. What material did you use? It looks so cute. The kids will just put their clip where they are in the process or will you move it? I looks just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those ADORABLE frames and the sayings are perfect for the classroom! I have tons I need to print and laminate too!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your subway art with the frames look so cute! Newest "blogger" follower!!
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! I just LOVE your blog and wanted to tell you that I nominated you for an award! It is called the Liebster Award and you can go to my blog http://luckylittlelearners.blogspot.com to learn more about it. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete