Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made-It- My first link-up! :)

Hi friends! Today I am doing my first Monday Made-It and linking up with 4th Grade Frolics! So exciting! 

So I took a trip to Hobby Lobby (yes, a trip, because I have to drive 40 minutes each way!) and they had all these frames on clearance from $39.99 to $8.00! They are really nice, sturdy, awesome quality frames, they just had a very kiddish, unappealing ladybug as the artwork. I just knew I could take them and make something I would love out of them...so I did! I bought two of these frames (sorry the picture is awful):


I also bought some fabulous fabric:


I took an x-acto knife and cut the back of the frame. Then, I wrapped and taped the existing artwork in the chevron fabric like so:


Finally, I took my finished piece and put it in the frame. I decided that it would be perfect as dry-erase frames for our home office! I can write notes, to do's, you know...all that fun stuff :)





The whole project cost $20.50....not bad :)

I hope you enjoyed my Monday Made-it Post! Stay tuned tomorrow for a post on my chevron labels and teacher toolbox! Talk to you soon! ♥

8 comments:

  1. Great and creative idea:) Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am already cookin' up my post for next week, so fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Those are sooooo cute! What a great idea! I was just at Hobby Lobby!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty happy with the end result! I wanted to do something with photographs, but this was just as good :)

      Delete
  3. Those turned out super cute! Excited that I found your ADORABLE blog. Now I can check out your cute stuff here and on Instagram!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Khelia!! I follow your blog as well and love it. This is a really exciting venture! :)

      Delete