Sunday, March 30, 2014

2nd Grade Product Swap & Blog Hop


Welcome to the second grade product swap and blog hop! EIGHTEEN wonderful second grade bloggers have joined together to swap and review each other's products. Best of all, we are giving away all of the products to one lucky winner!  

If you are looking for the start of the hop, head over to see Casey at Second Grade Math Maniac to start hopping. As you check out all the fabulous products, make sure to follow each blog on Bloglovin' as well.  There will be a Rafflecopter at the last stop.  This is where you can enter to win all of the products being reviewed!

I had the pleasure of teaming up with the fabulous Marcy from Saddle up for Second Grade for the swap.

http://www.saddleupfor2ndgrade.blogspot.com/


How lucky am I?! She has some awesome stuff in her store, but I decided I needed her Place Value Activity Pack. It is a concept that my second graders need to review and practice throughout the year.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Place-Value-Activity-Pack-Hundreds-Tens-and-Ones-349431

This unit is jam-packed with awesome activities! Here are the activities included in the amazing pack:

1. I Spy Place Value- Students search around the room for each place value card and record their answer on recording sheets.


2. Mystery Numbers- Task cards with mystery number description, students use their recording sheet to figure out the number.


3. Place Value Memory- students play memory with a partner or by themselves to match the correct number card with its matching base ten card.


4. I Have, Who Has- 20 cards for students to play I Have, Who Has whole class or in a station.


5. Place Value Slap Attack- Super fun, 3-player place value game.


I love them all! I have Place Value Memory in a Math Station as a review and my students love it! They have so much fun trying to remember where they saw the card they need! Here are a few pictures of my students playing Place Value Memory:


If they were done with the Memory game early, I let them play Mystery Numbers. I took the recording sheet and laminated it so they could use it with dry erase markers. They also like to bring their personal whiteboard to their station so they can draw their HTO chart and write the numbers as they hear them.

When all of my students have gone through this Place Value Memory rotation, I am going to change it to the I Spy Place Value. I know my students are going to love it! They definitely love moving around the room with a clipboard, it makes them feel so grown-up. :)

Thank you, Marcy, for letting me review your fantastic Place Value pack! My students love the activities and so do I! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Click the button below to head over to Marcy's blog and remember to go til' the end for the fabulous giveaway! 



7 comments:

  1. haha, I love the face you added onto your student. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This pack really has a lot of great activities. I dread teaching place value every year. It really is something the kids need a lot of repeated practice with. Thanks for sharing.

    Nicole
    Mrs, Rios Teaches Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating! I don't teach math this year, but this product looks like something the kids would really enjoy and like Nicole said, it's a skill that needs so much practice.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the sweet review friend! I am so glad you liked it. I love seeing it used and the faces you used were adorable. You did a great job!!

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love Marcy and ALL of her products!?!? I am definitely adding this one to my cart! Place value is such an essential skill that our 2nd graders need to have mastered. It will help them in so many mathematical areas! I also love that you incorporate math centers into your schedule. The kids love them and once they are prepped and ready to go, I love them too! :)
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete